https://twitter.com/BarbaraDaniels6

Sunday 13 March 2016

Symonds Yat



Two walks up the Wye
     From Monmouth town you can walk up the west side of the Wye past a lovely church and on to Symonds Yat but I also like to go as follows.

A good yomp on the east bank
  I walk to this beautiful place from the bus station in Monmouth, through town, right over the Wye Bridge, turning left down Hadnock Road and yomping along the atmospheric east side of the river until I arrive exhausted after a couple of hours. Those with more stamina might walk back but I cheat and get a taxi to the bus - or cafe! It is a cycle route also and feels safe for the lone walker who likes a flat yet picturesque hike.

Time for restoration
  Before leaving I feel I have deserved a delicious lunch at the Saracen's Head where you can sit outside or be cosy indoors. Then I go back into Monmouth and revisit its history as birthplace of Henry V, looking at the castle ruins as I do so. Many buses serve Monmouth including the no 60 to Newport via Raglan, Usk, Llangybi and Caerleon all of which have posts on this blog - you can find them by using the Search button at the top of the right hand side column.



Sent from Samsung tablet

No comments:

Post a Comment